Riley Keough Fan Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Riley Keough Fan Forum
Riley Keough Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Riley Keough Fan Forum

For, and by her fans. Online since 2008

Latest topics
» "UNDER THE SILVER LAKE" by David Robert Mitchell
Interviews Empty29.09.19 21:00 by Yada

» "Zola” The up-coming Riley movie
Interviews Empty24.09.19 3:30 by sololupus

» Are you an Elvis fun?
Interviews Empty23.09.19 5:58 by sololupus

» EARTHQUAKE BIRD
Interviews Empty14.09.19 2:32 by sololupus

» "HOLD THE DARK " BY Jeremy Saulnier
Interviews Empty19.03.19 18:25 by Yada

» THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME
Interviews Empty15.03.19 4:04 by Yada

» "WE DON'T BELONG HERE" by Peer Pedersen
Interviews Empty20.01.19 18:05 by Yada

» Riley Keough and her family on E-bay
Interviews Empty10.01.19 0:28 by lilsurprises

» "WELCOME THE STRANGER" by Justin Kelly
Interviews Empty09.01.19 7:01 by Yada

» "THE HOUSE THAT JACK BUILT" by Lars von Trier
Interviews Empty27.10.18 0:39 by Yada

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Riley Keough on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Riley Keough Fan Forum on your social bookmarking website

You are not connected. Please login or register

Interviews

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Interviews Empty Interviews 01.03.08 21:51

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

In her first interview, Elvis Presley's 15-year-old granddaughter, model Danielle Riley Keough, says she has never given much thought to being the heir to the King of Rock 'n' Roll.
"I didn't really care until I read something that said, 'I guess Elvis Presley's granddaughter won't be eating too many peanut butter and banana sandwiches.' Why do they have to start picking on me already?" Riley, who goes by her middle name, asks in the August issue of Vogue.

The cover story and Annie Leibovitz pictorial feature three generations of Elvis' women: ex-wife Priscilla Presley, 59; their only child, Lisa Marie Presley, 36; and Lisa Marie's daughter Riley, whose father is musician Danny Keough.

Riley says she caught the fashion bug at age 6 when she saw her mom on the cover of Vogue wearing a Versace dress. "I remember caring what I was going to wear even when I was little."

Riley made her modeling debut in February on the Dolce & Gabbana runway in Italy. She says she was so nervous she "couldn't stop shaking."

Priscilla says Riley has been a good influence on Lisa Marie, who has been married and divorced three times (Keough, Michael Jackson and Nicolas Cage).

"We're both here to take care of Lisa. It's really Lisa who's the kid," Priscilla says.

Lisa Marie says of Riley: "She's not a bimbo. Nor will she ever be."

Last edited by Yada on 18.04.15 21:24; edited 3 times in total

http://simplyriley.com

2Interviews Empty Re: Interviews 05.09.08 22:13

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Hello! magazine (26 FEBRUARY 2004)

The spirit of Memphis came to Milan on Wednesday, when the King's granddaughter made her catwalk debut.

Riley Keough, whose grandfather was Elvis Presley, was the first model to sashay down the runway at Dolce & Gabbana's show. "When we met Riley we were immediately struck by her beauty and fresh pure spirit," said the designers afterwards. "It is a thrill for us to help launch her modelling career. With her mother's beauty and her grandfather's attitude she's sure to be a star."

The 14-year-old, who is the daughter of Lisa Marie Presley and musician Danny Keough, has recently signed to the same modelling agency that handles Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss. And she will no doubt benefit from her mother's extensive experience with the world of showbiz.

"She has big plans, she is making me a nervous wreck," joked Lisa Marie. "But she is grounded - she has a really good head on those shoulders - She wants to make her own money, which I completely respect and want her to do, but she is still my baby."

3Interviews Empty Re: Interviews 19.10.09 5:07

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

I like this interview she did quite a long time ago (when she was still dating ryan- 2007-ish)....but thought i'd post it anyways... Very Happy

Favorite designers?
My favorite designers would have to be…Chloe, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Marc Jacobs, Marni, Dior, Luca Luca, Zac Posen, and David Yurman for jewelry for sure! So many designers make beautiful pieces, but [the above designers] are only if I’m going out. I don’t like to spend that much money on daily clothes…for daily clothes, it’s always random things I find that I like.

Favorite stores?
Well I really like vintage stores, because everything is very cheap (most of the time). I also like Planet Blue in Malibu, they’ve got some cool stuff. I get most of my clothes at Wasteland on Melrose.

Who are your style icons?
Jimi Hendrix. Am I allowed to say that? I just love all of the jewelry he wore and all of his elaborate colors. I don’t really have a style icon at the moment. I like anyone who dresses in an interesting way.

What are some of your favorite new trends?
I’m liking the whole movement that’s going on now. People are wearing whatever they like and are being unique, colorful and spontaneous in how they dress. It’s much better than say the ’90’s, which was boring and no matter what you wore, you looked like a business women with a backpack purse and your kids were in day-glo.

What trend are you over?
Lord I’m over those huge sunglasses. Never was a fan. They make you look like a bug.

What are you coveting for your wardrobe right now?
I really want a new purse. I have had this Dior purse for about two years and I’ve completely beaten it up. It’s hard for me to find purses I like, so when I find one I don’t ever change it.

Okay speaking of bags, what do you keep in yours?
Smith's Rosebud Salve, DiorShow black mascara, and Giorgio Armani sheer blush.

What’s the best purchase you've ever made?
I no longer wear them, but I bought these sort of metallic gold Prada boots in late 2005. I literally lived in them until about two months ago when I had to get new boots.

Do you have any beauty tips?
Don’t get plastic surgery.

Right now, every girl needs a _____ ?
...hearty meal.

If you could raid anyone's closet, whose would it be and why?
My mammy’s, she’s got the most beautiful coats and shoes that I very seldom get to borrow. It would be fun to tear apart the entire thing just to make my point.

Where are your favorite places to go out/eat/hang?
I am very easily amused. Anywhere I go with my friends makes me happy. I love going to music festivals. And to eat, I love Papa Jake's in Beverly Hills, Mulberry Street Pizza, and Crustacean for the most amazing crab I have ever had.

What do you buy at the newsstand?
I love i-D magazine because I love seeing all of the different ways you could possibly cover one eye. I love reading the articles in Rolling Stone, I recently have been into National Geographic magazines. I like Pop…and of course Vogue. Vogue always has interesting people on the cover and good stories.

What music's on your iPod right now?
Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jeff Buckley, Shiny Toy Guns, Guster, Daft Punk, Scissor Sisters, STS9, Kings of Leon, Sigur Ros, Citizen Cope, Janis Joplin, The Stones, Hendrix…its all very random.

Since you like music festivals, what’s your advice on dressing for Coachella?
Coachella is ridiculously hot, and at the end of the day you’re not going to look good no matter what. From my experience, I suggest wearing something really airy, like a little dress, or shorts and a loose shirt.

Who are you most excited to catch at Coachella?
Kings of Leon, Ratatat, Nickel Creek, Arcade Fire, Manu Chao, and Rage Against The Machine!!
cool!

4Interviews Empty Re: Interviews 27.01.10 4:24

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

Here's an interview with Riley about her experiences on the set of The Runaways....  cool!

How did you prepare for the role?

I watched a lot of videos and researched the Runaways. I spent a lot of time with Marie [Currie], which I think was the most important thing for the part I play.

What’s your favorite memory from the production of the movie?

Since Dakota and I play twins, I had to do some things to my hair and face to look more like Dakota, and one thing I had to do was bleach my eyebrows. I literally had no eyebrows—which looked really creepy. So on my days off I would pencil them in and put powder or do whatever I had to do, but it was summer, and of course when I would have free time and hang out with my friends we always wanted to go swimming. And when I would get wet, my eyebrows would literally disappear from a drop or two of water…and it was really funny. I looked terrifying.

Did you and Dakota become super close, like real twins?

It was really cool playing a twin! Yes, we became friends, and Dakota is a really wonderful, talented person.

Can you name a few of your favorite songs from Joan Jett and the Runaways?

My favorite Joan song is “I Hate Myself for Loving You”—when I was young I listened to it over and over and over. And for the Runaways, definitely “Cherry Bomb.”

What’s the best part of having your movie screened at Sundance?

Probably just getting to experience Sundance—I’ve never been. This is my first time, so it’s neat.

There’s huge audience buzz over The Runaways on the Sundance website. How does it feel to be a part of one of the most discussed movies of the event?

It’s incredible. Really, it’s such an honor to be in this film and get to be a part of telling this story.

Has the fashion from the time of the movie influenced your style?

I love the fashion of that time—it’s really cool. I’ve always sort of been into clothes from the ’70s.

What are you planning to do during Sundance?

I got to see Joan Jett perform, which was awesome. I’m really just excited to see the movie and see everyone from the movie.

What other movies at Sundance are you excited to see?

I’m actually just here for a really short time before I have to fly home, so I’m only going to get to see The Runaways. But if it were up to me, I’d want to see so many films that are here at Sundance!

Explain to us a day in your wardrobe. What are you wearing to look fashionable and stay warm?

Well, I love wearing coats and have a lot of them, but don’t always get to wear them in L.A. For the premiere, I’m probably just going to focus on staying warm!

Last edited by lilsurprises on 02.10.13 20:48; edited 2 times in total

Bailey

Bailey
I Cannes Do It
I Cannes Do It

Interview about The Runaways. Riley explains what it was like playing Marie Currie and how she couldn't turn the role down. She also talks about how she never thought she could be an actress because she was always so shy as a child and didn't want to be just another L.A chick hoping for an acting career. I loved the interview! Enjoy =]

Riley Keough's First Film

Most young actresses would kill to play a member of a famous all-girl band in one of the year’s most anticipated films. Riley Keough is not most young actresses. Yet, the karmic irony of Elvis Presley’s granddaughter landing her first acting gig in the cinematic biopic of The Runaways is not lost on her.

“I think it’s good I didn’t play a musician because then it wouldn’t look like it was a coincidence,” says Keough, the daughter of Lisa Marie Presley and musician Danny Keough.

Instead, in “The Runaways,” opening Friday, Keough tackles the role of Marie Currie, the twin sister of lead singer Cherie (Dakota Fanning). While Joan Jett (Kristen Stewart), Cherie and their bandmates are off on an international tour making music history as one of the first female rock groups — and consuming copious amounts of drugs and alcohol in the process — Marie is left to hold down the fort, taking care of an alcoholic father after mom flies the coop.

In a case of art imitating life, Keough, 20, occasionally felt some pangs of her own at being left out of the Runaways’ jamming fun.

“There were some times when I was like, ‘F--k, I wish I had a cool part. Because they looked so cool and you just want to be one of them,” recalls Keough, adding quickly, “I’m really happy with my part. It was really cool to even put that in the movie because it was a really important part of Cherie’s life.”

As research, Keough listened to all of the band’s music, watched their videos online and, most crucially, met with the real Marie.

“She told me how she really felt about things, like it wasn’t a jealousy thing, she was just upset that her sister was leaving her,” says Keough, who took the advice to heart. “When I first read the script, I was like, OK, I’m playing the jealous sister who gets left at home. I think it would have pissed her off if I’d played it jealous because that’s not how it was.”

Keough’s audition for the role was her first in what has been an ongoing dance with the acting world since childhood. Growing up in Los Angeles, she loved doing theater and even took a drama class, but at 12 decided she was too quiet to pursue her interests.

“It was really hard for me because I was really, really shy. That’s what I wanted to do, but I sort of gave up on it because I was like, ‘I’m way too introverted and shy to act,’” she says. “Teachers would put me in really small parts because I wouldn’t talk loudly.”

But by her teens she clearly had shed some of her reticence. She became a fashion darling, appearing in Dior campaigns, modeling and making the party circuit, yet she still found herself drawn to acting. This time it was geography that deterred her.

“I live in L.A. and everybody here acts and I was just so not into being, ‘I want to be an actress,’” says Keough.

The audition for “The Runaways” proved too good to ignore and she has finally found peace with her career choice. Keough has just finished shooting “The Good Doctor,” in which she plays a hospital patient whose doctor (Orlando Bloom) falls for her and makes her sick to prevent her from leaving.

“I went on a movie set and saw that you don’t have to talk loudly and put on this giant flamboyant show when you’re making a movie,” says Keough of her newfound feeling of ease. “It’s the most comfortable place for me. Obviously the first day of shooting is always really scary, but when I’m doing it, it’s just the best feeling in the world and the most comfortable I am at any point.”

Here's the link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Yada wrote:The Good Doctor is the second film you've acted in. What has it been like making the transition from model to actor, and what have you learned along the way?

It's been wonderful. I think I was really lucky being able to grow up modeling and getting the opportunity to travel the world and experience so much at a young age. They are definitely two totally different worlds so it's been very cool to experience them both in a lifetime. Acting is what I've always wanted to do and is such a huge passion of mine. I feel really blessed that I get to do it.

The film is very dark; are you a fan of thrillers like this? Was it draining at all to assume this role?

It is dark. But I think there's something really beautiful and unique to it as well. I am a fan of all kinds of films; dark, light, thrillers, drama, comedy, everything! As long as they have an emotional effect on me, I suppose.

What was it like playing opposite Orlando Bloom?

Had you two met previous to shooting the film? We had never met, no. The first time we met was in a read-through for The Good Doctor. It was really great working with him. He's a very wonderful person, very caring and sincere, and such a talented actor as well. It's so great to work with nice people. One of my favorite things about [acting] is getting to watch everyone else's work and he was definitely fun to watch.

Can you tell us anything about your upcoming projects Jack and Diane and Yellow?

Jack and Diane is a very interesting unique little love story between two girls set in New York. It's got a bit of a fantastical element to it that's really cool. I play opposite Juno Temple and it was directed by this really great guy, director Bradley Rust Gray. And Yellow is a very cool sort of dark film. I don't feel like it's a dark comedy, but that's what people say. It's a very interesting story about this sort of wild and colorful family that have a lot of intense dynamics and things going on. That one's directed by Nick Cassavetes.

Read more: Model-Turned-Actress Riley Keough Tells Us What It's Like Playing Opposite Orlando Bloom - Harper's BAZAAR

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

Playing Doctor with Riley Keough

With the onset of another season at the TriBeCa Film Festival comes a slew of talented individuals - both those who are well-known and those who will become well-known.

And one of this year’s celebrated talents is Riley Keough! The model turned actress enjoyed the premiere of her latest film, The Good Doctor, on Friday night in New York, along with Orlando Bloom. Clearly this was no small occasion. Thanks to the talent of James Vides and the combination of KeSARI beauty’s Indian Hair Oil Serum and Fekkai’s Coiff Sheer Hold Hairspray, Riley stunned on the red carpet with an old Hollywood style mixing Jayne Mansfield with Marilyn Monroe. Modelinia caught up with Riley to talk red carpet style, her movie, and the magical moment.

What was it like to premiere your film at Tribeca?
It was great. I love New York so having the opportunity to have the premiere here was cool. I think the energy in NYC is lively and fun which made the audience a lot of fun as well.

What was your favorite part of the night?
Probably just getting to share the movie with so many people and friends. Making a movie feels so personal and it can be hard to gauge from an outside perspective. So it’s nice being able to share it with people and see their reactions and hear what they thought; good or bad! That’s really special to me.

What did you think of your red carpet look?
It was kind of thrown together last minute. My hair is growing out and sort of in an awkward stage but thankfully I have lovely people to take care of that problem!

8Interviews Empty Re: Interviews 07.09.13 23:50

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

adding this here...........RUSSH Magazine had this short interview online:

What’s on your bucket list?
Really just being successful enough to help other people and travel the world. I don’t care about where or how, as long as I’m doing fun and interesting things and not compromising my integrity.

Your ultimate job?
I’d want to be a fisherman. I’ve got this beautiful idea of living on the sea, and I love ships and the ocean, but I romanticise most things. It’s funny though, my brother is the same about it. I think it would be really fun to be an incredible painter if I could magically have that talent. Or a pastry chef.

Describe yourself in three words?
I’m a Gemini, that’s impossible.
-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum