Riley Keough Fan Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Riley Keough Fan Forum
Riley Keough Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Riley Keough Fan Forum

For, and by her fans. Online since 2008

Latest topics
» "UNDER THE SILVER LAKE" by David Robert Mitchell
New Lisa interview -Sydney Morning Herald March 2014 Empty29.09.19 21:00 by Yada

» "Zola” The up-coming Riley movie
New Lisa interview -Sydney Morning Herald March 2014 Empty24.09.19 3:30 by sololupus

» Are you an Elvis fun?
New Lisa interview -Sydney Morning Herald March 2014 Empty23.09.19 5:58 by sololupus

» EARTHQUAKE BIRD
New Lisa interview -Sydney Morning Herald March 2014 Empty14.09.19 2:32 by sololupus

» "HOLD THE DARK " BY Jeremy Saulnier
New Lisa interview -Sydney Morning Herald March 2014 Empty19.03.19 18:25 by Yada

» THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME
New Lisa interview -Sydney Morning Herald March 2014 Empty15.03.19 4:04 by Yada

» "WE DON'T BELONG HERE" by Peer Pedersen
New Lisa interview -Sydney Morning Herald March 2014 Empty20.01.19 18:05 by Yada

» Riley Keough and her family on E-bay
New Lisa interview -Sydney Morning Herald March 2014 Empty10.01.19 0:28 by lilsurprises

» "WELCOME THE STRANGER" by Justin Kelly
New Lisa interview -Sydney Morning Herald March 2014 Empty09.01.19 7:01 by Yada

» "THE HOUSE THAT JACK BUILT" by Lars von Trier
New Lisa interview -Sydney Morning Herald March 2014 Empty27.10.18 0:39 by Yada

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Riley Keough on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Riley Keough Fan Forum on your social bookmarking website

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Lisa interview -Sydney Morning Herald March 2014

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

Lisa Marie Presley and Peppa Pig

When the daughter of Elvis starts talking Peppa pig, it's difficult not to feel part of the ultimate pop culture mash up.
Lisa Marie Presley, who begins her Australian tour on March 19, now lives in England with her record producer husband Michael Lockwood and their five year old daughters.
So the obvious question is, they must be fans of the British cartoon phenomenon Peppa Pig?
"oh my god, Peppa Pig. And Ben and Holly. They love it. And In the Night Garden" Presley said with a laugh, from the midst of rehearsals in LA on Friday.
"It's kind of creepy [iIn the Night Garden], especially that little Upsy Daisy, she keeps kissing what's-his-name, the little blue guy? ..Igglepiggle! She always has to kiss him, I don't quite get that. Whatever."
The twins will be coming to Australia with Presley, as will her oldest daughter Riley Keough,24, an actress and model, who appears in the latest Mad Max movie, Fury Road.
Presley said Riley was"completely smitten" with her Australian boyfriend, a stuntman she met on the set. "He's a sweet kid. I like him." She said.
For a woman with an extraordinary life, from being the only child of a music icon, in Elvis,to the one-time wife of another, Michael Jackson, Presley sounds remarkably down-to-earth. She says moving to East Sussex, England several years ago is a big part of that.
"I wanted to be normal. I'd just had enough, I'd been through a lot," she said." I'd experienced a lot of betrayal, a lot of things around mei thought were something and they were different to what they were and they were just too much. So we kind of went from ground zero, I wanted to start over somewhere. I needed to get as far away as I could to get my head together. I wrote the record and fell in love with it and then we bought the house."
Presley, who said she had chronic fatigue syndrome, was " manning up" for her world tour, with her show in Canberra on March 23 at the Southern Cross Club in Woden. She says she naturally pursued music, despite it being such a daunting prospect in the shadow of her father. Her latest album has been critically acclaimed, including by industry bible Rolling Stone.
"I'm always happy about that because I have so much against me. It's sort of, if you will, spitting against a tidal wave. That's just purely my work and my art and what's in my heart. It's pure for me and it's just music for me. It's nothing tabloid-y, it's nothing sensational, it's just what it is", she said.
" I really always appreciate being acknowledged for my own work".

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

We love you and your music for its own sake, Lisa!

Lol, I can soo relate to her about In The Night Garden!  party smile 

Thanks for posting this interview! I'm so glad now she lives in the UK, closer to me  Smile

http://simplyriley.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum