Riley Keough Fan Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Riley Keough Fan Forum
Riley Keough Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Riley Keough Fan Forum

For, and by her fans. Online since 2008

Latest topics
» "UNDER THE SILVER LAKE" by David Robert Mitchell
PRISCILLA PRESLEY -old thread locked Empty29.09.19 21:00 by Yada

» "Zola” The up-coming Riley movie
PRISCILLA PRESLEY -old thread locked Empty24.09.19 3:30 by sololupus

» Are you an Elvis fun?
PRISCILLA PRESLEY -old thread locked Empty23.09.19 5:58 by sololupus

» EARTHQUAKE BIRD
PRISCILLA PRESLEY -old thread locked Empty14.09.19 2:32 by sololupus

» "HOLD THE DARK " BY Jeremy Saulnier
PRISCILLA PRESLEY -old thread locked Empty19.03.19 18:25 by Yada

» THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME
PRISCILLA PRESLEY -old thread locked Empty15.03.19 4:04 by Yada

» "WE DON'T BELONG HERE" by Peer Pedersen
PRISCILLA PRESLEY -old thread locked Empty20.01.19 18:05 by Yada

» Riley Keough and her family on E-bay
PRISCILLA PRESLEY -old thread locked Empty10.01.19 0:28 by lilsurprises

» "WELCOME THE STRANGER" by Justin Kelly
PRISCILLA PRESLEY -old thread locked Empty09.01.19 7:01 by Yada

» "THE HOUSE THAT JACK BUILT" by Lars von Trier
PRISCILLA PRESLEY -old thread locked Empty27.10.18 0:39 by Yada

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Riley Keough on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Riley Keough Fan Forum on your social bookmarking website

You are not connected. Please login or register

PRISCILLA PRESLEY -old thread locked

+6
Tish
Graceland
lilsurprises
KozyKitten
Cilla_Presley
presley31
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

1960s, 1970s.. Elvis, Priscilla and Lisa Marie Presley
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Riley's grandmother Priscilla Presley..

Last edited by Yada on 16.08.13 5:20; edited 5 times in total

http://simplyriley.com

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Priscilla Presley again.. She has always been gorgeous

1969, on honeymoon in Hawai

Dancing With The Stars show, 2008

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

4PRISCILLA PRESLEY -old thread locked Empty "Elvis Was My Life" 02.08.08 4:08

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

December 04, 1978

"Elvis Was My Life"

For the First Time, Priscilla Presley opens up about Elvis, Motherhood, and an Acting Career

Priscilla Beaulieu Presley, 33, is the dark lady of rock'n'roll. She is the only woman Elvis the King ever loved enough to marry, and she bore his only child, Lisa Marie.

It has been nearly two decades since Priscilla first caught the eye of Sgt. Elvis Presley in West Germany. She was at the time the precociously beautiful 14-year-old daughter of an Air Force captain. In 1972 she stunned Elvis—and fans everywhere—by dramatically walking out on their fairytale marriage. But even after his death, while others of the Memphis Mafia scrambled to cash in their memories, Priscilla remained private and deeply loyal. Typically, she marked the hysterical first anniversary of Presley's death last August 16 her own way, slipping unnoticed into St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York. She was joined there by her current love, Michael Edwards, a 33-year-old model and sometime actor. "It meant so much to me," she muses now, "that a man in my life was sharing the moments of another man in my life." But since Elvis' death, Priscilla Presley has never—until this interview with PEOPLE'S Judy Kessler—shared it with the world.

That first August anniversary turned out to be a watershed in Priscilla's life. She and Edwards, whom she met at a party in her Beverly Hills home last June, have lived together ever since. Simultaneously, she is now making her strongest effort to escape the Presley past. "With Elvis," she says, "my life was his life. He had to be happy. We never disturbed him. My problems were secondary." Today Priscilla has decided, "I want to grow. I want to do things." Her divorce settlement—$1.7 million plus $8,000 a month until 1983—notwithstanding, one of the things Priscilla wants is an acting career. "I was just starting to get into it when Elvis died. Then I realized that I would have to wait a year. I didn't want people to say that I was capitalizing on that."

This fall Priscilla "decided I might as well give it a try." She's sold the Beverly Hills boutique she ran, signed with the William Morris Agency, studied acting and is talking of making feature films or at least a TV movie. But what was to be her debut—a guest shot on a Tony Orlando NBC special—is in limbo. The network keeps postponing the show and can't decide whether or not to drop Orlando's guest lineup in favor of a solo concert. "The pressure and rejection can pound you right down to the ground," she admits. "I don't want that to happen to me."

Priscilla's other worry is that developing her career might require too much time away from her daughter, who is now 10. With her heavy-lidded eyes and natural pout, Lisa looks startlingly like her dad. "It was extemely difficult for her when her father died—they were very, very close," says Priscilla. After considerable brooding, she decided to send Lisa away to camp both immediately after the funeral and again this past August to get her away from "all the sadness and grief. She was around playful kids and didn't hear the news all the time. She was still hurt, but she's very secure. She's a strong, strong girl."

That Lisa is so well-adjusted is a tribute to her mother, who "always felt a major responsibility, because Elvis was never really around children ever." One problem was curbing the extravagant gifts that a man who gave Cadillacs to utter strangers tried to lavish on his only child. "He wanted to give her a fur coat, a diamond ring," Priscilla recalls. "I told him there's no way I will allow her to wear a diamond ring at the age of 8. So he returned it. He just needed to be enlightened a little bit. That's the one thing Elvis used to laugh at. He'd say, 'You know, you're no fun to give presents to, because you could live in a shack and be happy.' "

Now that Lisa will be sole heir to a multimillion-dollar fortune, Priscilla (her legal guardian) feels that her sternness has paid off. "She's not aware of how much money she has," says Mother, "and I don't know myself because it's something I'm not into. Lisa goes around turning off all the lights in the house, because she knows the electric bill is high." Priscilla also filters Lisa's friends, trying to make sure "she's liked for herself at first," and nixes what she calls "label people—Lisa has no idea who Gucci is. There are children in this town who do, and I don't want her around that type of person."

Priscilla traces "my basic values to my parents—and my whole outlook on life to Elvis." Even as a child in Connecticut, where she was the eldest of six children of a strict Air Force career man, she says, "I always knew that something extraordinary was going to happen to me." It did in Bad Nauheim, Germany. When Elvis finished his hitch as an Army driver and returned to the U.S., he gave her a pearl ring, a gold-and-diamond watch and his GI jacket. When Priscilla was not yet 16 and still "a child full of dreams," Elvis sent for her.

"It was a long ordeal," remembers Priscilla of her parents' initially shocked reaction. "Elvis had to do a lot of talking on the phone to get me over there. But he promised my father that I would go to a Catholic school in Memphis, and my grades had to be up all the time. Of course they weren't." Sometimes Elvis picked her up at school in a limo, and he flew her back and forth from his movie sets in L.A. "It was a life-style so outrageous," she now senses, "that I'm just thankful I've come out sane." Then at 21, in a Las Vegas civil ceremony, she undertook the position of consort that she'd been groomed for all those years. A band played Love Me Tender. Nine months later to the day, Lisa was born.

Though her dislocations as an Air Force brat had prepared her for Elvis' peripatetic life-style, Priscilla never adjusted to his coterie of hangers-on and sycophants. "I would just take it all in," she says, "and learn from how people acted. I saw the phoniness, the bullshit, that was going on. I would sit back and think, 'My God, I don't ever want to be like that.' " In 1972 Priscilla told Elvis between shows one night in Las Vegas that she'd fallen in love with another man (Mike Stone, her karate instructor). "She was up front about it," one of Presley's bodyguard cronies later wrote in Elvis: What Happened? "She didn't want to make a fool of Elvis. I liked her for that."

Even after their split, Priscilla continued to visit Graceland with Lisa. "It was like we were never divorced," she remembers. "Elvis and I still hugged each other, still had love. We would say 'Mommy said this' and 'Daddy said that.' That helped Lisa to feel stable. There was never any arguing or bitterness." When Elvis' death came, it "was a shock," Priscilla says, "although I saw his health failing and even went back to Memphis once to see if there was anything I could do." Now Priscilla seethes at rumors of a subsequent falling-out between herself and Elvis' father, Vernon. "There is no feud," she says. "We get along beautifully." She still phones "Mr. Presley" (recently hospitalized for a heart condition) regularly and takes Lisa back to Graceland for Christmas and Easter. "I never want that contact lost," says Priscilla firmly. "It's her family."

After the romance with Stone, and another with hairdresser Elie Erzer, Priscilla has settled happily into her unwed relationship with Mike Edwards. "For the first time in my life I have been able to do and be everything I want." Mike, in turn, says, "She turned me from a gypsy into a grown-up man. This is what males search for all their lives." Edwards, who has an 11-year-old daughter by his own first marriage, feels that "Lisa likes me. But definitely her father isn't out of her mind. And it's difficult for any 10-year-old, even if she's looking for a father substitute, to replace one man with another." Not so for Priscilla. "I've never compared Elvis to anyone or them to him," she says. "Everyone has their good points and bad points." A formal commitment, though, is beyond consideration. "To me, marriage means nothing," Priscilla continues. "It makes you feel like you're glued. I think Michael and I have more in a relationship than most people have in a marriage."

The three of them live in her three-bedroom contemporary house with pool and tennis court. Her jet-black beehive and masklike makeup that Elvis once loved have given way to a soft, natural beauty, symbolic of her new freedom. Mother wakes her daughter up at 7:30 singing. Lisa writes notes to her on her blackboard like "Dear Mommy, I'll miss you today at school." It's a private school and two days a week, Priscilla drives the carpool (in a Mercedes sports car). Then she comes home to read the paper or take her daily half-hour swim with Edwards. Priscilla shuns premieres, Hollywood bashes and the modish bistros. "If I go out, I want a nice, romantic dinner with my man." Her favorite activities, aside from discoing, are horseback riding, camping in their Jeep and long "mother-daughter talks" in the bathroom. "We want to experience everything together."

Aside from acting, another possibility—though still some years away—is a book to set straight the "rumors, misconceptions and lies" Priscilla feels have been published since Elvis' death. "It's cruel, and I knew it would happen," she says. "I feel I owe it to his fans," she adds. "I just want people to know and love him." Of course, that might mean reliving some pain. "The kind of thing Priscilla's been through, what she's seen and experienced couldn't happen to any other woman in the world," says Edwards. Priscilla concurs: "I feel like I've lived four lifetimes." Even now she avoids Presley records, movies and the TV retrospectives. "I have beautiful memories—good more than bad—but I would be torturing myself, and I can't do that to myself or my child. I went through a lot at a young age. Life is so short, I don't want to dwell on the sadness. That chapter is closed."

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

I think most of it is made up.. He is actually smoking a cigarette and how do we know this place belongs to Navarone? I do not believe for once Priscilla or Lisa Marie or Marco would not know of Navarone's place!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

September 08, 1986

Elvis' Ex Shouts Down the Rumors About His Only Child: 'Lisa Marie and I Are Not Feuding'

It happens every year about this time, around the anniversary of the day the King of Rock 'n' Roll died, Aug. 16, 1977. The stories start coming—"malicious, untrue, upsetting stories," says Priscilla Presley, 41, Elvis' ex-wife and the mother of his only child, Lisa Marie, 18. Perhaps because of Lisa Marie's great financial and symbolic legacy from Elvis (she already has his eyes and mouth; she will get his multimillion-dollar estate when she is 25) and perhaps because of the secrecy with which Priscilla tried to protect her, Lisa Marie's young life has been speculated about feverishly ever since her father's death when she was 9 years old.

Until now, Priscilla has done nothing to refute such stories. In her best-selling 1985 autobiography, Elvis and Me, she made few references to her daughter. But this year things are different. This year the stories have been retailing "fabrications" that Priscilla feels she can no longer leave unchallenged: that Lisa Marie has thrown a small fortune away on a cult, that she is obsessed by the memory of her father and overprotected by her mother. Too old now to be kept ignorant of her press clippings (she just graduated from the Westlake School for Girls in L.A.), Lisa Marie has been so upset by such reports that she blurted to Priscilla recently, "Mom, I can't take this."

Neither, anymore, can Priscilla. Last week, taking time off from shooting her fourth season on CBS' Dallas, she sat down with PEOPLE'S national correspondent to set the record straight.

They say Lisa is brainwashed. If that means getting along with your mother, family and friends, then everybody should be brainwashed. We are two very normal happy people.

They say Lisa lives in an apartment run by a Scientology sect. She's still living at home and has never threatened to leave. In fact, she keeps saying she'll never leave me. I told her, "Believe me, one day some guy will come into your life and you're going to say, 'Mom, guess what?...' "

They say Lisa and I are tools of a cult. Scientology is not a cult. It teaches you to confront issues, talk things out, face yourself. We've been following Scientology for eight years and it's been working for us. I don't try to push Scientology on people, and neither does she.

They say that Lisa is giving a fortune to Scientology. That, again, is ludicrous. They don't charge Lisa any more for courses than the person who comes off the street. Lessons cost $10 and up but nothing like the figures suggested in the tabloids. Besides, Lisa doesn't even get her inheritance until she's 25.

They say she's obsessed with her father and wears his faded-jeans jacket. Elvis never owned a jeans jacket. He never even wore jeans. Of course she is a fan of his. I don't know any child who doesn't idolize his or her father, whether it's Elvis Presley or not. A father is a father. But she doesn't sit in her room all day listening to his old records. We talk about him from time to time—his memory is definitely there—but it's not deep, gushing talk. We have happy memories, and life does go on, thank God. It's true that time heals wounds.

They say she's this poor lost child that I'm keeping sheltered. Well, it's not just my choice. That's how she wants it too. When Lisa reached 18, I changed her curfew from midnight to 1 a.m. But she was already having a good time. There really isn't anything to do in L.A. after one o'clock. Of course we don't go to places that are celebrated or where paparazzi hang out. Look at poor Princess Stephanie. Every time she goes to a beach or a club or dates someone, it's news. That girl doesn't have a life. I do not want that for my daughter. I want her to be able to come and go as she pleases without worrying who's behind the bushes or lurking between the trees. What a horrible way to live! We come out of restaurants prepared to cover our faces. One time when Lisa was 15 we left a clothing store and out of the blue, here they come, flashes going off everywhere. It was such a shock. After a few experiences like that Lisa said, "My God, I can't live like this."

They say I choose her wardrobe. Forget it. Did you ever try to tell an 18-year-old what to wear? I have. It doesn't work. I do not choose her clothes. She may ask my opinion, and if I don't think something looks good on her, I tell her. Actually she has good taste. Lisa is also price conscious. For her, $200 is way too much for a dress.

They say she hated my book on Elvis. She loved the book. She was proud of me. She got very emotional about it. She's even written letters to fans defending me. Lisa would write and say, "You don't know what my mother's been through." She's a fighter. She knows that the image fans have of Elvis—as a man who could do no wrong—is not real. To her he was just a dad. He had his faults.

They say we're always fighting. We are the best of friends. We really do communicate. But if you had asked me when she was 14...

Between 14 and 17 was the worst. It's not easy raising a daughter by yourself as a single parent. Especially in Los Angeles, where there's a lot of peer pressure. I'm not going to say she hasn't tried alcohol and drugs. She's gone through everything every other teenager does. But she's never been to any rehabilitation center, and right now Lisa isn't on drugs. The only thing I wish I'd done differently would be to raise her in a smaller town. Lisa says, "Well, I've gone through what I have at a young age and I won't have to go through it later." But a lot depends on whom your child hangs out with. I didn't care for the persons she was associating with. I have literally shown up at her friends' houses in L.A. and taken her home. She knows that I wouldn't let her just go and do these things. I backed up what I said. Getting her into sports, keeping her productive—that seemed to help. You can't be a naive parent today. You have to think one step ahead. I've seen kids who were high and the parents had no idea what was going on. Not knowing is a sorry excuse. Now Lisa is glad I was there for her. But then...

Boys are a big influence, and Lisa was used badly. Everything I had fought for her privacy and protection backfired with one guy who used her for publicity. He had a friend take pictures of Lisa in the park and sold them to the press. He was having a terrible influence on her life. That was in 1983. The experience set Lisa back a couple of years. She was hurt by it and I was hurt by it. But that's the kind of thing you have to overcome: Whom do you trust?

Has she ever brought it up to me about dating Elvis when I was 14? Only once, when she wanted to date someone a couple of years older. I didn't want to lose her by saying, "Absolutely not." I know what it's like to be emotionally involved. I know what I did at that age, what I put my parents through. Another of those hindsight lessons.

Lisa has never dated an actor. She's not very impressed with people in the business, which I'm real happy about. Today she is very much involved with a boyfriend who's about 20. It's a relief having her with someone who is nice and out of the limelight. He's in the restaurant business, and they've been going together for a year and a half and have a very happy relationship.

Right now she is tossing around plans to go to college. At school she was average—I can't say she was brilliant. The two of us are the same in that way. We're more for the fun. She might eventually go to school overseas, but we're still thinking about that.

They say she's signed a contract to record an album. I can guarantee you that is totally out. It's never happened. It's never been discussed. I've told her there are lots of people out there ready to sign her for anything with no experience at all. I've explained that if she decides to do anything, she'd better get some training. There are going to be a lot of expectations out there.

She understands that. Lisa is much more of an adult now. She's so much easier to talk to. We really do have a wonderful life together. Thank goodness she is just crazy about the man in my life [writer and MTV producer Marco Garibaldi, 30, who's been living with Priscilla and Lisa for more than a year]. Marco and I have no plans to marry right away. We're afraid marriage might ruin a wonderful relationship. Isn't that an awful thing to say? But it's frightening, a major step. Maybe someday...

Since we've been living together, Marco has changed my life. I don't take things so seriously. I find myself laughing a lot. I'm a one-man woman. I don't like a fly-by-night involvement.

Lisa and I have led a pretty decent life, and then to read these things about ourselves...The tabloids have created a Priscilla Presley I don't even know. They had me dating Burt Reynolds and I've never been introduced to the man. Then they said I was dating Julio Iglesias' doctor. Marco called the doctor, pretending to be a Brazilian reporter checking out the story. The doctor told him, "I never even met her." Marco has a lot of sympathy. For the first time in a long time I think I've found someone who is a good person. Still, these stories are damaging.

Lisa and Marco have helped me through some of the hard times. Lisa is very perceptive and compassionate. If she knows I'm going through something, she'll say, "C'mon, Mom, what is it?" Basically we lead a simple life. When I'm not working we have close friends and family in for dinner and rent movies. On weekends we get together and play baseball, tennis and volleyball. My friends are her friends. And they are all family oriented.

The press doesn't print that. They fabricate horrible things. I guess it's because we've been so private. Because any time you create a mystery, people want to know. And when you don't want people to know a lot of things, they create their own stories. Our closeness is our only weapon against that.

Lisa says, "Mom, I know I put you through a lot, but now it's all over," and thank God it's true. Now we can relax and be friends with each other. I think Elvis would be proud of us today. If he were to look at his daughter, he would be very proud of her. She's everything a father would want his daughter to be. Did I do the right thing? You never know how you were as a parent until your child grows up.

Last edited by Yada on 25.10.08 12:26; edited 1 time in total

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Last edited by Yada on 14.10.08 18:51; edited 2 times in total

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

I think she looks really good in this picture above

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Priscilla says the mother is good, the father is nervous: he is a first-time dad! lol

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Priscilla Presley- The actress

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

I found these pictures from priscilla's official website

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Smile 1st photo is of Priscilla when she was 15

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Yada wrote:Lisa Marie with her mother Priscilla

Lisa with her dad Elvis and mom Priscilla, 1968 & 1973

Riley's Grandparents' wedding day

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Yada wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yada wrote:A scan from the same day, Hello! Magazine, 1 April 2008

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Yada wrote:

Yada wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Yada wrote:Various old and newer pictures from the Presleys..

Yada wrote:Various candids of Lisa Marie, Elvis and Priscilla

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

[size=9]
source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Priscilla Presley, director Steve Binder and music producer Bones Howe attend The 25th William S Paley TV Festival - Elvis 68 Comeback Special at the Arclight Cinemas on March 14, 2008 in Hollywood, California.

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Cilla on March 1, 1960

presley31

presley31
Strange Stranger
Strange Stranger

wow the pictures are awesome. riley sure is blessed with a good looking family :flower:

http://presleyfan.proboards85.com/index.cgi

presley31

presley31
Strange Stranger
Strange Stranger

New to me thanks for posting.

http://presleyfan.proboards85.com/index.cgi

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

lilsurprises wrote:"The Great House" Grand Opening hosted by Veranda Magazine at the Greystone Estate in Beverly Hills, CA ---Oct 30th 2008

I've found some HQs.. Cheering

celebutopia

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Priscilla Presley @ Clive Davis Pre-GRAMMY Awards Party (Feb 10, 2007)

celebutopia

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Someone commented on the film:

This is the story of a foreign journalist who returns to Laos to rescue the woman he loves and was forced to leave behind. He had been in prison and tortured by the Communist regime one year earlier, convicted of being a spy, but he is willing to risk his life to get reunited with his true love. The story is beautiful but I must say the movie is kind of slow. However, it's worth it. Michael Landon is the main character and he is an excellent actor.

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

(Shampoo brand) Wella's 100th birthday Party

Cilla_Presley

Cilla_Presley
Steady Lurking
Steady Lurking

http://www.Officiel-LMP.skyblog.com

33PRISCILLA PRESLEY -old thread locked Empty Happy Birthday Priscilla! 24.05.09 21:14

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Very Happy
Priscilla Ann Wagner was born 64 years ago today! Have a very good day, Priscilla... party smile

KozyKitten

KozyKitten
Coachella Chic
Coachella Chic

Third Annual Much Love Animal Rescue

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kozykitten68/

KozyKitten

KozyKitten
Coachella Chic
Coachella Chic

+12

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kozykitten68/

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

That haircolour and that make-up style including the lipstick colour is perfect on her! Gosh, she is so fit! I'm in awe

Graceland

Graceland
Making Magic
Making Magic

Thanks for the pics. She looks well here.

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

Its nice that she gets involved with many other causes..... cute puppy!

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

sweet'child

sweet'child
Make Me Famous
Make Me Famous

Jeez.... She was so incredibly beautiful.

41PRISCILLA PRESLEY -old thread locked Empty Love Cilla 28.12.09 12:27

CillaPre

Anonymous

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

In the photo above ^, she was wearing that denim from her own collection for Bis & Beau love it!
I love all those pieces from that collection

My favourite pieces are

the red dress

That mini-skirt

the brown see-through blouse

43PRISCILLA PRESLEY -old thread locked Empty Priscilla Presley 31.03.10 18:51

Tish

Tish