Riley Keough Fan Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Riley Keough Fan Forum
Riley Keough Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Riley Keough Fan Forum

For, and by her fans. Online since 2008

Latest topics
» "UNDER THE SILVER LAKE" by David Robert Mitchell
"DIXIELAND" by Hank Bedford Empty29.09.19 21:00 by Yada

» "Zola” The up-coming Riley movie
"DIXIELAND" by Hank Bedford Empty24.09.19 3:30 by sololupus

» Are you an Elvis fun?
"DIXIELAND" by Hank Bedford Empty23.09.19 5:58 by sololupus

» EARTHQUAKE BIRD
"DIXIELAND" by Hank Bedford Empty14.09.19 2:32 by sololupus

» "HOLD THE DARK " BY Jeremy Saulnier
"DIXIELAND" by Hank Bedford Empty19.03.19 18:25 by Yada

» THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME
"DIXIELAND" by Hank Bedford Empty15.03.19 4:04 by Yada

» "WE DON'T BELONG HERE" by Peer Pedersen
"DIXIELAND" by Hank Bedford Empty20.01.19 18:05 by Yada

» Riley Keough and her family on E-bay
"DIXIELAND" by Hank Bedford Empty10.01.19 0:28 by lilsurprises

» "WELCOME THE STRANGER" by Justin Kelly
"DIXIELAND" by Hank Bedford Empty09.01.19 7:01 by Yada

» "THE HOUSE THAT JACK BUILT" by Lars von Trier
"DIXIELAND" by Hank Bedford Empty27.10.18 0:39 by Yada

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Riley Keough on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Riley Keough Fan Forum on your social bookmarking website

You are not connected. Please login or register

"DIXIELAND" by Hank Bedford

+3
Stopspammingmeman
Darlene
keough
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

Ok, so I open a topic about this movie, as they are almost done with shooting in Mississippi! I'm not sure of the name of the director, but it may be Hank Bedford. The producer of this movie is Jen Gatien, she worked with Riley in Kiss of the Damned, like the director of photography Tobias Datum. Her co-stars are Chris Zylka, Spencer Lofranco, RJ Mitte, Brad Carter and Faith Hill. At the moment I don't know when it will be released

STORY LINE: 22 and recently paroled from prison, KERMIT is looking to make a fresh start. However, he's soon mixed up with his old buddies, rationalizing his decision to do another drug run as a way to make money to help out his new girlfriend whose mother is dying of cancer

Riley will be Rachel

Some off-set pics:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
her make up set
her friend Gina Gammell visting her on set
and then there is a video of her in the strip club but I don't know how to post it,here's only a frame

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Awww, such a beautifully structured new topic! Thank you for all the info and great pictures! Riley, needless to say, is sooo pretty again!!

http://simplyriley.com

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

Thanks for posting, I couldn't find anything on the movie so that's why I didn't post about it. Love the pics......... She's gonna do great in this film I think!

keough

keough
Rebel Rebel
Rebel Rebel

SO excited for this film! i hope we find out more info soon/don't have to wait years to see it

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

keough

keough
Rebel Rebel
Rebel Rebel

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

She looks amazing in red top and jeans!! Awesome new photos! Thanks a million, judy! cool! cool!

Anonymous

Amazing topic!!!

I am very VERY curious about Riley in that project.

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

Just found out Riley is also a co-producer of this film, together with her friend Gina Gammell.
I like the fact that she is trying to work in every field of movie business Nod

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

And also Ben worked on this movie, he was the stunt coordinator! (found this on imdb)

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

This movie will premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival in April...yeee! Nod

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

...and first official still!

Darlene

Darlene
I'm A Regular Here
I'm A Regular Here

So proud of her! I'm really curious about this

http://gabriellawilde.net

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

BOOM new still:)

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

Says it's gonna be released April 2015... That'd be great!

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

keough

keough
Rebel Rebel
Rebel Rebel

thanks for all the new photos, judy!

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

Riley will be at the premiere of this movie!!Yeee
And there will be also a discussion about it in an Apple store Cheering

Join director Hank Bedford and actors Riley Keough and Chris Zylka on April 18th at Apple Store – SoHo for a discussion about the film “Dixieland.”

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

A small intervie with actor RJ Mitte about this movie [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

keough

keough
Rebel Rebel
Rebel Rebel

looks like riley won't be at the premiere

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

keough wrote:looks like riley won't be at the premiere

where did you hear this, keough? that's a shame Crying or Very sad

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

An interview with the Director!!

Meet the 2015 Tribeca Filmmakers #27: Hank Bedford Delves Into 'Dixieland' With Faith Hill and Riley Keough

What's your film about in 140 characters or less?

"Dixieland" is about a kid who gets out of jail, meets a beautiful girl who is in trouble and decides to help her the only way he knows how.

Now what's it REALLY about?

The fabric of the movie is stitched together with interviews of real people from Pearl and Jackson, Mississippi. To me they are beautiful, funny, and heartbreaking. The movie is also very much about them.

Tell us briefly about yourself.

I grew up in Franklin, TN and this movie has been percolating in my mind since I was in college at Middle Tennessee State University.

Biggest challenge in completing this film?

The process of locking picture and letting go of it has been especially difficult.

What do you want the Tribeca audience to take away from your film?

For people to walk away from it and feel like they just experienced something, or were reminded of someone or some moment in their past. I did my best to capture Mississippi in the summertime.

Any films inspire you?

Too many to list but the ones that seem obvious to me are "Gummo," "Badlands," "The Killing Of A Chinese Bookie" and "My Own Private Idaho." They all have an honesty and a poetry to them.

What's next?

I'm writing a script that I'd like to shoot next year.

source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Gina Gammell and Riley Keough discuss their first feature film 'Dixieland' and share some un-seen stills and behind-the-scenes photography from the shoot. '
Dixieland' will be premiering in competition at TriBeCa Film Festival on April 19th.

RILEY - HI GEEG, SO WE PRODUCED A FILM TOGETHER AND IT'S IN COMPETITION AT TRIBECA FILM FESTIVAL!

Gina – Yeah! When did you decide you wanted to do more than act?

RILEY - WHEN I WAS A KID I ACTUALLY WANTED TO DIRECT, NOT ACT. I MADE A LOT OF FILMS, A LOT OF HORROR FILMS, AND ALSO EDITED THEM; THEY HAD SOUNDTRACKS AND ALL THAT. WHY DO YOU WANT TO MAKE FILMS?

Gina - I don’t know. I also made mini movies all through school. I was obsessed with movies as a kid and kind of always knew that when I grew up I wanted to have some part in making them. I actually didn't know you wanted to direct first, but I have seen your movies; in one of them you have an imaginary friend called Gina.

RILEY - YES, I WAS ELEVEN IN THAT MASTERPIECE. IT WASN'T AN IMAGINARY FRIEND, I WAS PREGNANT AND NAMING MY BABY GINA.

Gina - Wow life imitating art? Would you name your first born after me?

RILEY - YEAH PROBABLY.

Gina - We first met at a screening of 'American Psycho' in the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.

RILEY - YEAH AND I THOUGHT YOU WERE TAKING THE PISS CUZ YOU ASKED ME SO MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT MYSELF. THEN I REALIZED YOU WERE JUST REALLY INTERESTED IN OTHER PEOPLE; THAT'S ONE OF MY FAVORITE QUALITIES OF YOURS.

Gina - Aw, that's nice. It’s hereditary; the million questions thing.

RILEY - MY LEAST FAVORITE THING IS THAT YOU'RE LATE TO EVERYTHING, WHERE AS I’M VERY PUNCTUAL.

Gina - What made you think it was a good idea to work together?

RILEY - I JUST FIND TALKING TO YOU STIMULATING; YOU ARE REALLY SMART AND HAVE A UNIQUE VIEWPOINT ON A LOT OF THINGS THAT ARE SIMILAR BUT ALSO VERY DIFFERENT TO HOW I VIEW THINGS. I FEEL LIKE IT'S GOOD TO WORK WITH PEOPLE WHO MAKE YOU QUESTION THINGS AND MAKE YOU CONSIDER OTHER PERSPECTIVES THAT DON'T FEEL NATURAL TO YOU. WHAT MADE YOU WANT TO MAKE 'DIXIELAND'?

Gina - Well, you and I had been working on a lot of different pieces of writing and treatments and I had never really shared my ideas with anyone so freely or respected anyone’s opinion as much as I did yours. I already knew I wanted to work on something with you so when 'Dixieland' came in and we both liked it all we had to do was meet with Hank (the director) and from there it was kind of a no brainer.

RILEY - YEAH ALSO, I JUST LOVE THE SOUTH AND HANK WANTED TO CAPTURE SOMETHING VERY SPECIFIC THAT I KNOW AND LOVE AND WANTED TO LIVE IN. I THINK HE DID A GREAT JOB AT THAT.

Gina - Was Hank's honest approach to the South and your character, Rachel, the reason you also wanted to be in the film?

RILEY - YEAH I WANTED TO PLAY RACHEL; I JUST REALLY FELT FOR HER. SHE'S HARD AND DEALS WITH A LOT OF BULLSHIT IN LIFE BUT SHE'S ALSO STILL CHILDLIKE AND KIND OF PRETENDS TO BE A GROWN UP BECAUSE LIFE FORCES HER TO. I FEEL LIKE THAT'S VERY SIMILAR TO MYSELF.

Gina - That and you're secretly an aspiring stripper. What's the biggest lesson you learned producing your first film?

RILEY - I LEARNED HOW EXPENSIVE THINGS ARE; I LEARNT ABOUT TAX BREAKS IN DIFFERENT STATES AND ALL OF THE MONEY STUFF THAT YOU DON'T REALLY GET TOLD AS AN ACTOR. I ALSO LEARNED HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO HIRE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE THAT YOU LIKE AND WANT TO BE AROUND A LOT. YOU?

Gina - Yeah, I also didn't really know that a producer can be a really creative role. Once we brought on Jen Gatien she did a lot on the business side of things and it kind of became our job to develop, prepare, and protect Hank's story. I’ve always wanted to direct my own films, but Dixieland made me see that helping someone tell their story and realize their vision can be really gratifying and personal.

RILEY - WHAT ARE YOUR LAST 6 INTERNET SEARCHES AND I’LL TELL YOU MINE? I FEEL LIKE THAT'S VERY TELLING.

Gina - 1. Dixieland TriBeCa, because I’m trying to buy tickets to my own movie, 2. Trulia Los Angeles, I want to buy a house, 3. How do you know if your plant is drowning? because my plants look very depressed, 4. Lip-synching in slow motion, I dunno why 5. 50's Dominatrix, for research, 6. Heavens Gate cult, my next 100 internet searches are cult related.

RILEY - 1. BEST FOOD PROCESSOR REVIEWS, 2. THE MENU TO A VEGAN RESTAURANT NEXT TO MY HOUSE, 3. MONICA LEWINSKY, 4. HOW LONG FLIGHTS ARE FROM NEW YORK TO TORONTO, 5. RY COODER, AND THEN I WAS ALSO LOOKING AT HOUSES IN BYRON BAY AND SYDNEY SHORTLY BEFORE THAT. MINE ARE LAME.

Gina - I KNOW you left "Riley Keough" out of your top six.

source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

keough

keough
Rebel Rebel
Rebel Rebel

Yada wrote:
keough wrote:looks like riley won't be at the premiere

where did you hear this, keough? that's a shame Crying or Very sad

On her instagram she linked to the junk magazine article and wrote "this film is in competition at the tribeca film festival and i sadly won't make it there this sunday but if anyone is in new york you should check it out"

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Thanks for the heads-up, keough!
I wonder what she will be doing that day, why she cannot attend..

In the meantime, here is Tribeca Review on ‘Dixieland’ :

The hopes and restless dreams of white trailer trash, and the unfortunate and cyclical circumstances of economic and spiritual poverty in the Dirty Deep South, are explored with moody, but uneven results in “Dixieland,” the directorial debut of Hank Bedford, a film about star-crossed lovers, fate, and bad choices. Chris Zylka stars as Kermit, a restless, reckless 20-something trying to find his way in the world. He’s just been released from a stint in prison for violence. It should be a glorious day, but the specter of a contemptible guard predicting he’ll be back sooner rather than later taints Kermit’s first moment of freedom.

It doesn’t help that Kermit knows what awaits him on the outside: a trailer home, limited opportunities, a loving, but disappointed mother (country star Faith Hill letting her hair down and taking her make-up off for maybe the first time in her career), and misguided friends willing to lead him right back into a life of crime. Kermit is at a crossroads, though the heedless young adult may not be aware of it: get drawn back into the life and go back to jail or change his narrative.

The impetus to clean up his act appears with the arrival of girl next door (literally), Rachel (Riley Keough), a brash, chain-smoking girl also struggling to make ends meet in the local trailer park. Compelled by Rachel’s unlucky circumstances — she’s taken to stripping and has a cancer-ridden mother to support — Kermit becomes driven to help her out. Cavalier in his approach, with his choices and his heart, the duo soon assume an hasty, whirlwind romance, but the urge to rescue his girl and the temptation to make a quick and easy (but criminal) buck prove to be a deadly combination. But the movie doesn’t provide anything deeper than this surface and familiar entrée.

Utilizing a framing device of interviews with real Deep South natives — many of them impoverished, marginalized, and saddled with poor socio-economic circumstance — discussing their plights and hardships in life, all the while representin’ their “born-and raised” roots, this conceit doesn’t really spark the picture like the filmmaker hopes it will. In fact, it interrupts the already drifting pace, and as “Dixieland” doesn't have a lot of substantial meat on the bone, outside of a familiar star-crossed lovers narrative with a soupçon of crime to it, this framing device underscores just how thin the movie is.

Even at a fairly customary 95 minutes, “Dixieland” has a difficult time sustaining its romance/crime narrative. While the interviews connect to an income equality/socio-economic theme, they mostly serve as padding to a story that maybe should have been told in 55 or 60 minutes. Of course, this runtime would kill most of its “feature-length” theatrical chances, so the movie just keeps its filler.

Performance wise, it’s nice to see Faith Hill trying on a role like this, but the character is fairly limited and she doesn’t have that much to do. Having more to chew into is Brad Carter as a sleazy strip club owner, but his role is also fairly predictable and one-dimensional. “Breaking Bad” star RJ Mitte turns up for a minute as a dangerous drug dealer, Steve Earle plays Kermit’s indigent, but empathetic uncle, and wrestler Mick Foley, aka Mankind, shows up in a odd dream scene cameo as himself.

Co-produced by Riley Keough, in retrospect the movie then feels like an excuse to build a starring vehicle around a talented actress who knows something about Mississippi (she’s the granddaughter of Elvis Presley). While she and Zylka do their best to imbue the movie with color and texture — and both their performances infer a lot, maybe more than is on the page, and the instinctual qualities of his character are a nice touch — the script doesn’t afford them many tones to play with.

Despite its shortcomings, Bedford's film — he was an assistant to David O. Russell, Bennett Miller, and Tarsem Singh in the past — excels at mood and occasionally even lands in a soulful moment. West Dylan Thordson's (“Foxcatcher”) sparse score is somber and best communicates the character’s desires and longings for something more. Likewise, cinematographer Tobias Datum's use of natural light makes for a picture that often looks and feels dreamy and meditative.

30"DIXIELAND" by Hank Bedford Empty Dixieland 30.08.15 23:53

Stopspammingmeman

Stopspammingmeman
Steady Lurking
Steady Lurking

Been trying to find this movie for a while now it look awesome. Is it released yet? Can someone direct me so I can see it? Would be a big help thanks. cheers

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

Hi! No, unfortunately they still haven't released it... I know they are still trying to sell it at film festivals...like I believe now this movie is in competition at some festival in Germany

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

As judy explained..
I saw your PM,
To be honest, because you have an unusual username, I hesitated to reply to you but we'll see in time Wink

roza

roza
Can't Stop Postin'
Can't Stop Postin'

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

cool! cool! wooohoo, great new picture!
Thank you, roza!

keough

keough
Rebel Rebel
Rebel Rebel

Trailer!

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

This looks soooooo good!

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

keough

keough
Rebel Rebel
Rebel Rebel

watched this tonight. I enjoy Riley's character, it's nice to see her not sound like herself if that makes sense but it was a really slow moving film

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

roza

roza
Can't Stop Postin'
Can't Stop Postin'

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

I agree keough, it was a slow moving film.. and she played the character well.. very interesting the way they shot it. I thought her performance was very strong in it. I made a bunch of screen caps of her, ill post them tomorrow.. Also, did you notice the cameo of her brother Ben's girlfriend in this? A small part but I noticed her, hehe! Wink

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

Here's the credits with the names for Ben's gf and also Rileys Ben..

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

lilsurprises