Riley Keough Fan Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Riley Keough Fan Forum
Riley Keough Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Riley Keough Fan Forum

For, and by her fans. Online since 2008

Latest topics
» "UNDER THE SILVER LAKE" by David Robert Mitchell
"THE DISCOVERY" by Charlie McDowell Empty29.09.19 21:00 by Yada

» "Zola” The up-coming Riley movie
"THE DISCOVERY" by Charlie McDowell Empty24.09.19 3:30 by sololupus

» Are you an Elvis fun?
"THE DISCOVERY" by Charlie McDowell Empty23.09.19 5:58 by sololupus

» EARTHQUAKE BIRD
"THE DISCOVERY" by Charlie McDowell Empty14.09.19 2:32 by sololupus

» "HOLD THE DARK " BY Jeremy Saulnier
"THE DISCOVERY" by Charlie McDowell Empty19.03.19 18:25 by Yada

» THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME
"THE DISCOVERY" by Charlie McDowell Empty15.03.19 4:04 by Yada

» "WE DON'T BELONG HERE" by Peer Pedersen
"THE DISCOVERY" by Charlie McDowell Empty20.01.19 18:05 by Yada

» Riley Keough and her family on E-bay
"THE DISCOVERY" by Charlie McDowell Empty10.01.19 0:28 by lilsurprises

» "WELCOME THE STRANGER" by Justin Kelly
"THE DISCOVERY" by Charlie McDowell Empty09.01.19 7:01 by Yada

» "THE HOUSE THAT JACK BUILT" by Lars von Trier
"THE DISCOVERY" by Charlie McDowell Empty27.10.18 0:39 by Yada

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Riley Keough on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Riley Keough Fan Forum on your social bookmarking website

You are not connected. Please login or register

"THE DISCOVERY" by Charlie McDowell

+2
lilsurprises
Darlene
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Anonymous

Jesse Plemons also has joined the cast, which includes Rooney Mara and new addition Jason Segel.

Riley Keough is heading back to the futuristic. The Mad Max: Fury Road star has signed on for Charlie McDowell’s sci-fi film The Discovery.

Black Mass’ Jesse Plemons also has joined the cast, which is headed up by Rooney Mara, Robert Redford and Jason Segel (Earlier this week, Segel replaced Nicholas Hoult, who dropped out due to scheduling conflicts.)

Written by McDowell and Justin Lader, the film is set in a world two years after the existence of an afterlife has been scientifically proven, resulting in millions of people taking their own lives, believing that suicide is like pushing a reset button. Segel will play the son of the man responsible for the discovery (Redford). Mara will play a woman whom Segel’s character falls in love with and whose life is tinged by a tragic past. Keough will play an lab intern working with Redford’s character, and Plemons is onboard as the brother of Segel’s character.

The film begins shooting in Rhode Island later this month.

Keough, the granddaughter of Elvis Presley, has seen her star rise in recent months thanks to her turn in Mad Max and her buzzy upcoming Starz series The Girlfriend Experience from executive producer Steven Soderbergh. The sexy series, which bows in April, caused a stir at Sundance, where the first four episodes premiered. Keough also starred in the Sundance Competition film Lovesong.

Verisimilitude’s Alex Orlovsky (The Place Beyond the Pines) and Endgame Entertainment’s James D. Stern (Looper, An Education) are producing The Discovery, which was financed by Endgame and Protagonist Pictures. Julie Goldstein and Lucas Smith are overseeing the project for Endgame. Mike Goodridge, Dimitra Tsingou and Eddie Vaisman are shepherding for Protagonist.

The Discovery marks McDowell’s second feature film following his critically acclaimed 2014 drama The One I Love.

Keough is repped by WME and LBI.

Plemons, who starred opposite Molly Shannon in the Sundance Opening Night film Other People, is handled by TalentWorks and attorney David Matlof

ICM Partners and WME Global packaged the project and are representing domestic rights for the film. Protagonist is handling international sales.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

wowww!!! Soooo happy for her!!! Such a dream to work with Redford <3 And if she will play an intern working in his lab this means she will have most her scenes with him! cool! Cheering frustrated happy

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Amazing news! And the fact that she will play alongside a legend, Robert Redford! So exciting! Cannot wait for all other updates! Cheering Cheering

http://simplyriley.com

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anonymous

her characters name is 'Lacey' and filming locations are: Aquidneck Island, Rhode Island, USA - Rhode Island, USA

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

The cast will begin shooting later this month, the director is in location and from his twitter he posted some photos of the location concerning the movie

keough

keough
Rebel Rebel
Rebel Rebel

I'm interested to see how much of a presence she will have in this

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

Rooney Mara and Jason Segel on set

Darlene

Darlene
I'm A Regular Here
I'm A Regular Here

Wow playing along Robert Redford! :O

http://gabriellawilde.net

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

I'm forever fascinated by the `after-life` ideas. So, this movie will be very interesting for me to watch.

I wonder if the film was inspired by Dr. Sam Parnia's search at UK hospitals. He and his team have been running a project called AWARE, to determine whether or not human consciousness continues after physical death..

So looking forward to this!!

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Niiiice! ^ Looking forward to more on-set photos!
Which part of the world are they at?

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

Rhode Island and Acquidneck Island...they found un unusual spring for sure!

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

Yes we are having some cooler temperatures, some snow in parts of the US that usually don't experience that this time of year.... I'm definitely interested in their theories/storyline in this film also! Hope Riley gets has a great role in this.

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

some behind the scenes pics...no signs of riley though

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Hmmm, epic scenery! Looking forward to this one!
I still think she will turn up for her scenes, maybe as the lab assistant, she won't be much in spotlight in this movie but it's an accomplishment she is working alongside Robert Redford love it!

keough

keough
Rebel Rebel
Rebel Rebel

this has officially wrapped

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Wasn't this made too quickly? it was so quick! Can they begin and wrap a big budgeted movie in 3 months?

IMBD states its status as post-production...

Yada

Yada
Admin
Admin

Yay! Just received a tip for the latest Riley interview in which she also talks about this movie! Now, I'm assured that the film indeed wrapped and she's indeed in it, although we never saw her photos on the set!

These extracts are from the interview with Collide

The Discovery also sounds very interesting, being a love story set after the existence of the afterlife is scientifically verified. What appealed to you about that story?

KEOUGH: I’ve always been fascinated by life after death, and that was the subject matter of the film. There are not a lot of films on that subject, and it’s something I think about often, probably every day. It was refreshing to read it. I didn’t feel as crazy. And then, I met (writer/director) Charlie [McDowell] and he was great, and I just wanted to work with him.

Was it cool to get to work with Robert Redford? Is he just a totally normal guy?

KEOUGH: I wouldn’t call him normal. He’s down-to-earth and kind, yes, but almost more kind and more down-to-earth than a normal person. He’s got such an intense presence. He’s a movie star, and he still has that. It’s intense to be around and it’s a beautiful thing. It was a moment in my life where it was like, “Wow, I’m in a film with Robert Redford. That’s pretty fuckin’ epic!” It’s probably going to be one of the coolest things I’ll look back on and remember. He’s hilarious, charming, kind, cheeky, and all those great movie star qualities.

judy

judy
Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

The trailer is out, yay!

rainbows

rainbows
I'm A Regular Here
I'm A Regular Here

judy wrote:The trailer is out, yay!

this trailer looks amezing

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

lilsurprises

I enjoyed this film, even though her part was smaller then the main characters , her role was pivotal. She did a great job. 👏🏻😊

rainbows

rainbows
I'm A Regular Here
I'm A Regular Here

lilsurprises wrote:I enjoyed this film, even though her part was smaller then the main characters , her role was pivotal. She did a great job. 👏🏻😊 Suspect
it was really great

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum